Saturday, January 29, 2011

2010 In Review and Plans for 2011

Wow, where did the year go? I haven’t written in awhile and it seemed like a good idea to recap. I’ve made a lot of progress, and am excited about 2011, but it’s time to put that life behind me and move on.


Currently I’m 50 lbs lighter than this time last year. It’s been a blast doing it as well. Now I look forward to my time in the gym. It’s frustrating that I worked so hard that I have Tendonitis in just about every joint that you can have Tendonitis in. The thing though is that this just challenges me to find other ways to exercise. Instead of lifting weights, now I bicycle (I have 4 bikes now…hehe), and I swim. I’m training for a sprint Triathlon and hope to do one sometime this year. It just depends on the Tendonitis in my knees and ankles.

Exercising has provided me with exciting options as well. I am looking for a good bike or Triathlon club. I’m looking much better and have many more options to meet women in the gym. I’m even getting noticed at work and it really feels good for my self-esteem and motivation. It’s ALL good!

I’m doing excessive reading and listening (there are some great podcasts out there) on Psychology. Learning how people think really helps with an overly left brained person like me. In fact I’m working on ways to be more left brained. I’ve been trying by reading more, visiting cultural places (art galleries, sculpture parks etc), and writing. All this helps build a more rounded better person.

Finally, I have a very optimistic outlook for this year. Sure, there will be ups and downs. That’s to be expected. I look forward to them all. These are the things that build character and personality. The only thing in which you really lose in life is by experiencing nothing by doing nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Hear a crowd roaring?! That's us bro! Your growth has been a privilege to witness...that and the fact that your the incredible shrinking man :)....HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, you are an inspiration! I can't describle just how much I love you all.

    ReplyDelete