Sunday, May 2, 2010

On Friends and Family

Went to see family the other day. It did a lot to restore my morale. I explained to them my situation and many of the things I talked about in my last blog. They understood as much as they could and expressed how happy they were to see the changes that I am making in my life. There aren't words to express just how much thier support means. Even though they have SO much on their plate (they are adopting twins and have 5 kids already!) right now, I know if I call they will come.

Of course my family are not the only ones that I lean on. I badger my friends as well when I'm down. One in particular amazes me in that she has had so much patience with me. Often times I wonder if I must be the biggest nuiscense, but I never hear a complaint. When apologize for manipulating her time what I hear is, "No worries...it's all good." Her patience and sensitivity with me should get her a sainthood. Probably not gonna happen though as neither of us are Catholic.

The influence of my church also cannot be understated. I think at some point I will write about faith but not in this blog. I need to research some good passages first. It is the people there that I want to mention now. They are as much a part of my family as my blood relations. When I cannot go to church (I work shifts) it is like night and day the difference in my morale. Their kindness, caring, patience and understanding is something that must make God smile.

Of course they don't truely understand what I am going though. That doesn't matter really matter. No one who isn't in the same situation can truely understand. Ultimately, I am the one who needs to change. What I need from them is support. What I need is a simpathetic ear to speak to and a shoulder to lean on. In the end I have no doubt that they will be there when I need them.

1 comment:

  1. You know our love for you is overwhelming...ALWAYS know that!

    ReplyDelete