Sunday, May 2, 2010

Writing About Writing

I feel so much different today then when I wrote my first blog. I had so much frustration and angst built up that I needed to get out. I truly think that expressing myself through this blog helps so much even though no one may ever read it.

In my first blog I used the word cathartic. The word seems so pretentious but it really expresses what this writing is doing for me. The word is defined (at least in the way I am using it) by the Encarta online dictionary as,”producing a feeling of being purified emotionally, spiritually, or psychologically as a result of an intense emotional experience or therapeutic technique.” In case you looked it up and saw the definition “Purging the bowels”, no that was not what I intended. ;-)

I was told a long time ago by a friend that I keep my emotions bottled up and don't talk about them. She was right on the money on that one. It is difficult for me sometimes to discuss these kind of things. I am trying to be better about it but it's a work in progress. In fact I almost deleted my first blog because I though it showed too much anger. But should I really be ashamed of expressing myself? I know if I get any readers of that page I may get some nasty replies. I can only say that if you don't like it then don't read it.

I discussed deleting it with my sister and she encouraged me to keep it up. She sold me that many times something you express is felt by others who feel uncomfortable talking about it themselves. I think my little sister is wise for her young age. Please do not tell her that. I'll be reminded of it daily. ;-) Even though I may express feelings in a way some may object to; I may well be expressing it in a way meaningful to others. I do hope someone gets some benefit from it.


Well I think that about covers it.

1 comment:

  1. You are SOOO busted...being nice to me when I'm not looking!!!

    I'm also glad that your not "purging your bowels".

    BIG HUG!!!

    ReplyDelete